Monday, December 8, 2008

The 3rd batch of beads


The 3rd batch of beads
Originally uploaded by satyridae
Here are the new kids! I'm learning as I go. The orangy ones on the right are my attempt at a set.

It's interesting to work with a set of colors chosen by someone else. I did try to sort out the glass rods a lot last night, and I don't have nearly enough opaque white or cream to suit me. But I'm not buying any more glass till I'm better at this. The pale blue bead in the middle row, one up from the bottom, is my best formed bead yet. It's almost completely bead-shaped. So there's hope.

3 comments:

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Melody, isn't lampwork not about being the shape of being a bead but being something unique? Love your beads

Anna said...

Your beads are gorgeous Melody!

Marlaine said...

I'm absolutely envious that you are doing this work!! It looks like you are having lots of fun! I have to wait as I have no real workshop now.