Sunday, September 7, 2008

Crosseyed

I have been admiring beaded beads for a while now. Today I finally decided to try my hand at them. The worst part was spray-painting the wooden beads. And my hand. And my sock. And... well, you get the idea.

The actual beading was familiar- I know peyote stitch inside and out. The paint was not quite dry when I started the first bead, and I think the tackiness helped the beads stay in place. I used 15/0 charlottes. I really like the way the second one turned out. The first one, not so much- big gaps where thread shows. The second one was much more controlled. I can see how these could be really addictive.

Then I decided to make a hollow bead- I started with 15/0 beads, then went to 11/0 then to some teardrop looking ones for the equator. Those turned out okay too.

No pictures yet. And wouldn't you know, these beads are what color? Blue.

1 comment:

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Once you learn techniques, you can adapt them for anything.