Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Freeform Progress

Freeform progress sort of describes how my life meanders and changes over time. I'm nowhere near who or where I thought I'd be when I started out, but I'm happy about where I've landed.

It also is descriptive of what's happening on a necklace I started last week.  I love freeform peyote stitch, so when I read about Baublicious and Bead Circle Network's blog hop coming at the end of February, I had to sign up.
(read about it here http://baublicious.blogspot.com/2013/01/im-in-podcast-and-im-cohosting-design.html )


Here's what I've got so far. I'm incorporating a bunch of my own lampwork beads. I love the sea/summer feel that it's shaping up to have. 


7 comments:

Karen Williams said...

I know exactly what you mean about life 'meandering and changing' in totally unexpected ways, and love your analogy to freeform beading.

What a fun necklace so far - love how it works with your lampworked beads

NEDbeads said...

This is fabulous already!!! I love the beads you've chosen!! Can't wait to see more pictures as you go... and love the analogy to life, too.

Unknown said...

I'm with you, I'm loving that summer feel to this piece. And of course, totally jealous that you can make lampies to go with it! This is truly going to be stunning when finished!

Tanya said...

That is the beginning of a wonderful necklace. I love your lampwork beads and the colors you chose are awesome. I can't wait to see it finished.

Mandi said...

I love the playfulness of your piece! My fav bead is the one that looks like it has googly eyes :) I agree with the others on your beautiful analogy. Awesome!

Unknown said...

Your Lampwork beads are gorgeous and a lovely addition to a wonderful necklace in progress. I understand how it takes time for a piece to evolve and that is such a great analogy to our lives.

Mary Harding said...

Your lampwork beads look great with your other beads for your freeform. I am sure it will come together as a beautiful piece.