Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Stuff


Courtney's Necklace
Originally uploaded by satyridae
It was the night before Christmas and all through the house... No. It was the night before Christmas Eve and my son said that he needed a necklace for his girlfriend and it had to be special and it had to have dark green and seafoam in it and could I help?

So I dug through my lampwork beads and found one with the requisite colors and strung it on multiple strands of mixed green beads, finished it with a sterling heart toggle and posted a picture of it on my Facebook page.

The response was bigger than I generally get for my beadweaving. Because of that, I'm going to make up some more necklaces with lampwork focals and put them on Etsy. I'm working on one today that's blue and green. They will be more affordable than the elaborate beadweaving, and I'm finally using some of my own glass beads. I'm excited!

No comments: